These are one of my go-to recipes, that I eat for breakfast regularly (I either have this or an egg white w/ broccoli scramble/omelet). These pancakes are quick, easy, low in calories and high in protein and fibre. They are also gluten-free! I top them with strawberries, but blueberries or other berries or fruit could work just as well.
- 1 scoop protein powder (Gaspari Myofusion Elite is my go-to protein powder)
- 2 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 cup berries
- 1 pkg stevia
- In a small bowl mix 1 scoop protein powder, 2 tbsp psyllium husk, and 1/2 cup egg whites, while a pan heats up (I use vegetable oil spray to keep the fat content low) on med-high heat. Let sit for a moment (psyllium husk is a gel-forming insoluble fibre, allowing it to sit for a moment allows it to thicken up slightly).
- Pour batter onto pan and cook (can usually tell when it’s time to flip by the bubbles that form on the up side). Flip over.
- While pancakes are cooking, heat 1 cup strawberries (I usually use frozen) in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Once strawberries are heated, break them into smaller pieces with a fork and mix in 1 pkg stevia powder to sweeten (makes a nice syrup substitution).
- Once pancakes are cooked on both sides, put onto plate and pour strawberry mixture on top.
- Enjoy. Makes 2-3 pancakes
305 calories, 40 g protein, 26 g carbohydrates, 11 grams of fibre, 3 g fat (1 g saturated).