Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Dessert
I had a craving for some chocolate frozen yogurt, so this is what I came up with. You could easily change this up for different flavours, for instance by using a different protein powder flavour or adding some fresh fruit!
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice – I like this as an evening snack, so I mix 1/2 scoop casein (cookie dough flavour) w/ 1/2 scoop vanilla myofusion (gaspari brand – this is my favorite protein powder for flavour and mixability, plus it’s a nice blend of proteins). You could use chocolate flavour if you have that on hand.
- 1/2 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate flavour almond milk (almond breeze brand, it’s only about 40 calories per cup)
- 1-2 pouches of all natural Stevia
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (this stuff is only 20 calories per tbsp, you should definitely keep this on hand for snacks and smoothies!)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- You will require a food processor or blender for this recipe. Mix all ingredients together in the food processor or blender.
- It’s going to be a little runny, but we don’t want it to be any more watered down, so pour it out of the food processor/blender into a bowl, and place the bowl in the freezer for about half an hour.
- Take it out and enjoy!
Nutritional Information: ~220 calories, 36 g protein, 2 g fat, 12 g carbs (1 g fibre)