My new feature will be to focus on one deceiving or surprising food choice per week.
Many people choose Subway sandwiches as a healthier alternative, but the Biggest Loser and Jared the Subway sandwich weight-loss guy have been deceiving you.
This 6″ sandwich, which maybe won’t even fill you up offers:
- 228 grams
- 360 calories (110 from fat, 30%)
- 12 grams of fat (3.5 g saturated)
- 45 mg of cholesterol (15% of the daily recommended maximum of 300 mg)
- 1030 mg of SODIUM – pretty much your entire daily limit! (Recommendation: 1300 – 1500 mg)
- 45 g of carbohydrates (5 g fibre, 7 g sugar)
- 17 g of protein
Now, that’s with the 9 grain whole wheat bread though and no cheese, now what happens when you go with the Italian herbs and cheese and American cheese slices:
- 243 grams
- 440 calories (170, 39% from fat)
- 18 grams of fat (7 g saturated)
- 65 mg of cholesterol (22% of the daily recommended max)
- 1430 mg of SODIUM!!
- 47 g carbohydrates (3 g fibre, 7 g sugar)
- 20 g protein
Add a 16 oz pop and 2 cookies (their standard meal) and you’ve got a whopping:
- 1080 calories and 1730 mg of sodium!
*Nutritional facts direct from the company’s website, and do not include any add ons, like mayo, etc.