I like to keep it simple. These protein bars are more like little cakes and are a refreshing treat from those bland, dry, overly processed and sweetened really-no-better-than-a-candy bar versions you can find in convenience and health food stores.
- 1 cup oats / oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Stevia (truvia)
- 2 oranges / 4 mandarin oranges (seedless)
- 4 eggs whites / 8 tbsp egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Blend oats in food processor (or skip this step if you have oat flour).
- Combine oats, protein powder, baking soda, salt, & stevia, and mix well.
- Peel oranges and blend in food processor.
- Add pureed oranges, egg whites, and vanilla extract to dry ingredients.
- Spray pan (I used a 9×13 pyrex) with non-stick spray and pour batter into it.
- Bake in oven for approx. 20 minutes, or until light/golden brown. Or poke with a toothpick and it should come clean if it is done.
- Cool and cut into 12 bars.
Nutritional information (approx):
- Calories = 112.5
- Protein = 8 g
- Fat = 1.8 g
- Carbs = 16 g
- Fibre = 2.8 g